SERVICE TECHNICIAN/Installation internship: lancaster, pa
We are seeking a qualified technical student for a part-time, summer position in our service and installation departments. Clark Service Group has opportunities for students enrolled in a technical school/CTC in the fields of electric, plumbing, HVAC/R, and welding.
- Delivery, installation, and assembly of food service and refrigeration equipment.
- Dismantle, inspect and clean various types of commercial food service equipment, ice machines, and HVAC equipment.
- Order and install wearable/replacement parts as repairs require.
- Repair, replace, or calibrate controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring.
- Provide proper refrigerant handling procedures according to federal EPA code.
- Thoroughly research part numbers as needed while utilizing all available resources.
- Maintain inventory of company-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used, including travel time.
- Perform any other duties requested by the Area Supervisor, Service Manager, and Customer Satisfaction Coordinator.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Develop skills needed to advance to Service Technician
- Currently enrolled in a technical school.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Positive attitude.
- All technicians are subject to annual background checks, clearances, and certifications. Drug tests are administered before and periodically during employment.
- Able to work in extreme conditions (i.e.: hot, cold, dirty environment).
- Must be able to bend, reach, and kneel.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.