FINANCIAL ASSISTANT: LANCASTER, PA
Under the direction of the Controller, the Financial Assistant will produce an accurate balance sheet and ensure it represents the company's financial position in all material respects. This individual will be pivotal in developing an annual budget and in forecasting, as well as understanding, the performance of the company. The Financial Assistant will prepare highly confidential and technical financial reports and forecasts on cash receipts, disbursements, corporate income, operating plans, capital plans, expenditures, manpower budgets, investments, and the company's consolidated financial position. The Financial Assistant will be required to analyze variances and identify trends and opportunities to lower or control costs.
- Maintain and update daily cash balance spreadsheet.
- Maintain credit card receipts and autopay spreadsheet.
- Monitor American Express discounts.
- Monitor company credit cards (limits, coding receipts, and reconciling to invoice).
- Maintain company bank profile.
- Reconcile A/R, A/P, cash, accrual and prepaid.
- Assist with month end close, financial statement preparation, and sales tax preparation.
- Reconcile rebates to payments received.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- More than 2 years of accounting experience.
- Proficiency in MS office and MS Excel.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Ability to think critically.
- Strong customer service skills.